The Liv-ex Fine Wine 50 Index tracks the daily price movement of the most heavily traded commodities in the fine wine market
- the ten most recent vintages (excluding En Primeur, currently 2003-2012) of the Bordeaux First Growths.
- 50 component wines - the last ten “physical” vintages of the five Bordeaux First Growths: Haut Brion, Lafite Rothschild, Latour, Margaux and Mouton Rothschild.
- Components are added in July of the year they become physical (2012s added in July 2015), and removed after ten years (2002s removed in July 2015).
- Each component is represented by one 12x75cl case.
- The component price is calculated using the Liv-ex Mid Price. The Mid Price is the most robust measure for pricing wines available in the market. View the full Liv-ex Mid Price methodology.